[PD] Re: [PD-dev] We've got to undo the MIDI revolution! - Where isOSC?!

cdr ix at replic.net
Tue Mar 14 23:42:40 CET 2006

> BTW why is the subjectline "We've got to undo the MIDI revolution!"? What
> does it mean to undo the MIDI revolution

i'm not sure.. maybe a good start would be making PD's objects default to a range of 0.0 to 1.0 instead of 0 to 127?

>, and what does it have to do with
> switching to OSC ?

OSC was marketed as a successor to MIDI. i guess by undoing the MIDI revolution youd be going back to CV, but i dont recall Sous-Vide chefs ever clamoring to undo the microwave revolution??