[PD] Re: [PD-dev] We've got to undo the MIDI revolution! - Where isOSC?!

cdr ix at replic.net
Wed Mar 15 00:51:19 CET 2006

> non-commercial use. "OSC" is there to avoid conflict with some other use
> of the 0x7D message. Obviously if there was an "OSC" manufacturer ID it
> would be shorter and simpler.

theres OSC Software which made Metro and Deck for Macintosh. i think they changed their name to Sagan Solutions now that its owned by Carl Sagan's son..

> This could be useful as a way to extend OSC to microcontrollers that
> don't have the resources to handle ethernet packets.

sure..if it works for you ;) there is a Drupal setup now for OSC perhaps there is someone who has already tunneled it thru MIDI, but if my experience with IP over LocalTalk (which is faster than MIDI i think) it is anything but fun..

anyways theres childrens musicmaking toys on Amazon for $7.95 that have inbuilt ethernet ports for synching multiple toys, and id imagine USB is even cheaper still..