[Pd] Feature request: simultaneous connections

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 15 09:27:42 CET 2006

João Miguel Pais wrote:
>> ... and then people will complain that their patches do strange things
>> because they created fanning-connections with undefined execution
>> order instead of properly using the trigger-object.
>>
>> I don't think it's a good idea to encourage outlet-fanning with a
>> keyboard shortcut.
>

> you don't need trigger for all occasions. sometimes it doesn't matter
> in  which order the messages are sent, only that they arrive - like in
> come  cases where building a spider web is necessary because of lots of

this is true, but it is a special case where the programmer has to know
that the order does not matter.
it is a bad design for a programming language, if it tends to create
programs that behave "somehow".

> But it's also not that bad to let people make mistakes. Then they'll
> learn  quite faster.

allowing people to make mistakes is something different than helping
(enforcing) people to make mistakes.
the former could be considered as some (weird) form of education, while
the latter is just offending.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes