[PD] issue with [vd~] in subpatches with overlap factor

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 15 10:37:54 CET 2006

hi chuck

"Charles Henry" <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed something odd when I placed a z~ object inside a block with
> overlap factor two....
> When the signal comes through, there is a place in each block where
> the boundary comes in, and the signal gets "chopped up" half of it in
> one block, and half in the next block.

it should be normal, since pd computes signals as vectors of a given size.
independently from the overlap factor, a vector gets splitted up, if you
delay it (of course not with a delay time, that is a multiple of the
block-size). i attached a patch, that demonstrates, that [z~] works as
expected, also in subpatches with an overlap factor > 1.

cheers

roman