[Pd] Feature request: simultaneous connections

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 15 15:06:05 CET 2006

João Miguel Pais wrote:

> (I'm not a programmer and this is an exageration). But removing one's
> options so that the user makes no "mistakes" seems to me to be in the
> end  just too restrictive. everyone has the right to make mistakes, and
> the  documentation is there to show which is the best way.

i have not said that i want to remove the option to make mistakes.
i just said, that we should not _enforce_ the user to make mistakes.

it seems to me a "feature", the sole purpose of which is to slap the
user on their forehead until they learn that they should take care. and
even if they had learned to take care, they will still be slapped.
so why should anyone want to implement this?

>>> But it's also not that bad to let people make mistakes. Then they'll
>>> learn  quite faster.
>>

>> allowing people to make mistakes is something different than helping
>> (enforcing) people to make mistakes.
>> the former could be considered as some (weird) form of education, while
>> the latter is just offending.

at least in austria, slapping children for educational purposes is -
while still practiced by several individuals - officially forbidden, and
i am glad it is...;-)

> helping (and enforcing) people to do mistakes would be to advise them
> to  ignore the advantages of the toggle, and tell them not to use it
> (that I  find also offensive to the guys that programmed this object,
> and to the  users).

did i say that?

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes