[Pd] Feature request: simultaneous connections

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 15 15:51:03 CET 2006

Hallo,
Michal Seta hat gesagt: // Michal Seta wrote:

> "Chuckk Hubbard" <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I guess I agree, for connecting one outlet to multiple inlets, but I
> > still see no problem with being able to connect multiple outlets to
> > one inlet.
>
> or multiple outlets to multiple inlets, for that matter.

Actually that idea already was mentioned once by Miller, IIRC.
This is a bad example, but basically it's about making things like this
easier:

[unpack 0 0 0 0 0]
|  |  |  |  |
[pack 0 0 0 0 0]

The idea around this is to allow making connections by a keyboard
shortcut instead of drawing a connection with the mouse, which is
something, many people have motorical (is this the correct word?)
problems with.

It would be great to be able to select two objects then press whatever
key and a connection would magically appear between the upper and the
lower object.

Some way would be needed to allow connections to non-matching xlets,
like connecting an object's first outlet to the second inlet of
another object as in:

        [0\

    [+ 10]

All these are very useful operations that don't explicitly encourage
"wrong" patching habits and are more flexible in the long run anyways
than making connections between one outlet and many inlets or one
inlet and many outlets a tiny bit easier.

Ciao