[PD] Re: [PD-dev] We've got to undo the MIDI revolution! - Where isOSC?!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 16 03:53:22 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Arie van Schutterhoef hat gesagt: // Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:
> > >I think, OSC was first specified in 2002. Pd already had netsend and
> > >netreceive at that time, both were introduced five years earlier
> > -See:
> > http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/ICMC97/papers-html/OpenSoundControl.html
> Argh, beaten! ;)

If I want to plug my guitar on the computer using the FUDI protocol using
an expensive cable such as an old RS232 DB9 serial cable, what should I
use, PPP ? [netreceive] doesn't work with serial ports.

But if I use PPP I need a TCP/IP stack in my guitar too...

In 1997 that would've been expensive.

FUDI wasn't designed to "undo" the MIDI revolution.

Is there OSC over RS232 ?