[PD] motion-tracking

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Mar 16 17:59:41 CET 2006

Hi Sara,

I have a gem motion tracking patch I show students at:

http://www.ekran.org/pd/patches/Gem-Tracking-Presence.pd

As you can see I learned a lesson from then that relates to your questions:

1. X/Y coords from pix_blob are 0-1 not in gem units. (in the example
above I did some silly things to autoscale the units it gets to gem
units, but I'm pretty sure the scale is 0-1.
2. I have been unable to get pix_multiblob to work myself yet...
3. I've never used [showblob] abstraction??
4. Ok, I'll quote an email I already sent to the list:

> Gem coords really only represent distances relative to the window aspect
> ratio.
>
> 0,0,0 is in the middle, -4,-4,0 is the bottom left corner 4,4,0 is the
> upper right corner. The camera is at 0,0,4...
>
> That is for a square window.
>
> The height of a gemwindow is always 8 units, -4 to 4, but depending on
> the aspect ratio of the window the number of units wide changes. for a
> 2:1 window the left edge is -8 and the right 8. For a 4:3 window the
> left is -5.333 and the right 5.333

Hope that helps a bit.

.b.