[PD] Re: [PD-dev] We've got to undo the MIDI revolution! - Where isOSC?!

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Mar 17 14:53:38 CET 2006

Because they don't work well (see below).

They are awkwardly named, very limited [OSCroute /test/myname] does not
work, and you can't "set" the name to route.

All in all the current OSC is useless (or at least painfully
inefficient) for working with dynamic OSC trees, they work great only
for static ones.

I think this is really needed for pixelTANGO and RRADICAL so I'm hoping
we can collaborate on a design (I have already mentioned one) which was
basically around OSCroute, and dumpOSC and sendOSC should be deprecated
so that we use normal PD sockets...

Also there is lots missing, like subtree querying, range of param
returns, and all the stuff that OSC is meant to do in a bidirectional
socket.

.b..