[Pd] Externals

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 12:27:39 CET 2006

I can copy the "PD-extended" file to my disk and open it, and I can
manually put the -lib flags in and they work (that option doesn't work
on my PC, but it does on my school's Macs), but I cannot install the
preferences list that tells PD to load all the externs, since I don't
have admin access.
I would rather find the individual externs by themselves.

This is what I find so confusing: the page for cyclone says nothing
about OSX availability, and I haven't found any other copies of it
searching pdp or puredata.info.  And yet, here it is in "PD-extended"
for Mac.  It would be simpler if I could just find the actual library,
so I could be sure I had it with me at all times on my flash drive,
but opening the PD-extended.app, they appear to be all mixed together.

I have checked all the indexes people have suggested.  I'd like to be
able to use these libraries with the PD I've been using, 0.38-3.
Maybe I'm just picky.
I would be willing to teach myself to compile externs, but I can't use
the compiler that comes with OSX due to not having administrative
access.  I posted asking on an OSX forum, so I'll see what comes of
that.

Thanks for your help.
-Chuckk