[PD] [gem] bad quality in playing mjpeg avi

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sun Mar 19 16:42:18 CET 2006

Hallo!

I encoded mjpeg avis with mencoder (lavc) for playing them in Gem.
The strange thing is, that when I play those avis in e.g. vlc or mplayer
they look really good ... when I play them in Gem with pix_video the quality
is much more worse ... (you can see that the jpeg compression is really bad
...)

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ? Do players like vlc,
mplayer, ... use additional filters to give better results ?

Thanks for any hints,
LG
Georg