[PD] PD on Mac-Intel

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 19 21:25:00 CET 2006

MacIntel is definitely the way that Macs are going, so Pd needs to go
that way as well.  I don't have access to a MacIntel box, so I can't
really try my hand at it yet.  I pan on buying a MacBook as my next
computer, but that will be in a year or two.

That said, your help would be much appreciated, I'll do what I can to
help out.  To start with, I tried to document everything as much as
possible, they are here:

http://puredata.org/docs/developer

I don't think that the MacIntel should cause any problems, but all of
the Pd code is big and not exactly well organized, so there is a bit of
a steep learning curve.  Start with the docs, please, then post to the
list, then maybe we can also refine the docs in the process, in addition
to the build process.  Each time someone tries their hand at it, we find
and fix things that make it tricky.

.hc