[hid] crashes Re: [PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sun Mar 19 22:42:04 CET 2006

Hallo!

>> I installed the cvs version ...
>
> Ok, please send info.  Bug reports are most appreciated, as much info as
> possible, and a Pd console log too.  Its hard to tell what's going on
> from "I used hid and it crashes".

I already posted everything I know ATM ...
I also did a gdb backtrace, which is the same as the one in
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-08/030339.html

Tomorrow I will be back at that computer and can give you a console log...

> Oh, its hard to tell since you've removed the context in the message.  I
> think its quite handy to leave all of the text of the previous messages
> in place, then I can refresh my poor memory.

IMHO it's not easy to read, if someone quotes that much all the time ...
<quote>
Postings should conform to the "netiquette" as explained in
http://learn.to/quote
</quote>
I use the thread view of my mail program if I want to re-read the old
messages ... but anyway, back to hid ... ;)

> So the april 2005 version of [hid] doesn't crash at all?  Where's that
> binary from?

I compiled hid from cvs last april or so ... this binary still works ...

LG
Georg