[PD] Has anyone used the repository project with a Mac .App build?

Scott Petersen scottpetersen at frontiernet.net
Mon Mar 20 19:27:25 CET 2006

No, It's not the documentation.  There's a description of the project
and links to the files from the following link.

http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/pdrp/latest/doc/

I've installed everything as per instructions on the page above, in /
usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib -- and altered the local-settings.sh
file to point to the executable in the app itself -- /Applications/PD/
Pd-0.38.4-RC-4/Content/Macos/Pd.

This works to open the app, but the problem I've had with the Mac app
is that it doesn't remember the sound settings.  Also, the above
project is designed to supply sound settings, channels, etc. to match
the needs of the pieces individually and automatically set your I/O
to match.  This is the part that doesn't work.  Everytime the app
opens, it opens with defaults --  sometimes the patches themselves
open, sometimes they do not.

-SP

On Mar 20, 2006, at 1:19 PM, derek holzer wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Scott Petersen wrote:
> > I'm working on installing the Pure Data Repository Project for the
> > purposes of showing an Intro to Computer Music Class some of the
> > advanced capabilities of PD.
>
> If you mean the extended Pure Data help files+documentation, I
> think it's already included in HC's installers. If it's not that,
> can you give a link to what you mean?
>
> d.
>

> --
> derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl