[PD] newbie problem compiling dssi~

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:21:26 CET 2006

Hi,
I would like to compile the new dssi external because of the ladspa
support. It's the first time that I try to compile pure-data sources
and I'm having some problems.
I've checked already in the mailing list, and I understand that my
issue is somehow related with path setting, but I don't know how to
solve it.

I'm using the last pd-extended on mac os 10.4

First I've downloaded pure data and the externals with the commands:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co externals
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co pd,

After I cd to the folder where dssi external is, and I edited the
makefile writing pd_darwin in the "current" field and typed "make".
Here is the beginning of the long error message that I get:

c84-230-161-130:/puredatacvs/externals/postlude/dssi libero$ make
cc -DPD -O3 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -L/usr/local/lib/ -I ./ -I ../src
-I/usr/local/include/ -I ./include -I/usr/local/include/dssi/ -o
dssi~.o -c src/dssi~.c
In file included from src/dssi~.c:29:
src/dssi~.h:27:18: error: m_pd.h: No such file or directory
src/dssi~.h:28:18: error: dssi.h: No such file or directory
src/dssi~.h:30:20: error: lo/lo.h: No such file or directory

I've understood that I should edit the makefile to specify where
m_pd.h is, and actually it's in the application in the "include"
folder, but I don't know where to write this path  in the makefile.

Thank you for any help.

Libero