[PD] readanysf & minor pb

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 22 19:21:03 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> > I'd upload it into CVS but I do not have permissions.  Someone did it
> > for me last time, and that was a while ago.
> maybe your file externals/august/readanysf~/CVS/Root does not look like this:
> :ext:your_user_name at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data
> otherwise I can commit it for you if you want ...

There's a script in GridFlow's repository that can switch the user of a
checkout without having to make a new checkout and move files around etc.

That's super-useful if you need to make commits from a checkout that is
usually reserved for mere mortals.

I use it like:
  bin/cvs-switch-user :ext:matju
or
  bin/cvs-switch-user :pserver:anonymous

Note that when it works it just prints a warning saying it can't overwrite
"CVS/Root" with itself ;-) ignore it. Here's the file, which could be
modified for Pd:

GFSOURCE=$(dirname $(dirname $(which "$0")))
echo $1 at cvs.gridflow.ca:/home/cvs/gridflow > CVS/Root
for file in $(find $GFSOURCE -name Root)
do
  cp CVS/Root $file
done