[PD] creb not in Pd-extended 0.38.4?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 22 20:49:54 CET 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 4:17 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> tristan chambers hat gesagt: // tristan chambers wrote:
>
>> I would like to try the band limiting oscillators in the creb
>> package,
>> but it appears to me that only the creb abstractions are available in
>> the Pd-extended 0.38.4 distribution, at least for OSX.
>>
>> I figure this because when I try loading the creb help files they are
>> unable to load their respective externals. Further I did a `find |
>> grep creb`, and only .pd files came up, no library present in the
>> directory tree under Resources.
>
> Creb most likely isn't built as a library, but as separate single
> externals. So the file you want to look for may be called
> blosc~.pd_darwin

Welcome Tristan!  Good to have more people on the list.

Most of the creb objects are included as individual files.  creb is
not yet included as a "libdir", which is a more flexible library format.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom