[Pd] Stack Overflow

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:48:34 CET 2006

I don't understand.  I've understood recursive to mean a function that
calls itself within itself.  The output from my patch retriggers the
patch, but to my understanding it should all be determinate; if Pd
uses depth-first message passing, it should finish with one thread
before calling the next.  The abstraction is only retriggered from its
left outlet, so nothing should happen during the 10 ms delay.

I'm also not sure how [until] will help.  Pd doesn't know how many
scalars the score has, or how many are of any one structure.

I'm still not clear on what "the stack" is or what makes it overflow.
Thanks.

-Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover
of knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."