[PD] data structures - color?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 24 01:49:42 CET 2006

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> I just made a patch to see which colors are available in the data
> structures. it seems that they're not the same as in the normal pd scheme,
> and that they repeat themselves. is it normal that colors 0 == 100 == 200
> == 300, 400 == 500 and 600 == 700?

By definition these are not the same, though they really look like it
and they show the same rgb-values when captured and tested in the
Gimp. Strange.

> wouldn't it be useful for all color schemes to be synchronised?

Surely, however as it currently is, we have at least 3 color schemes
in Pd and Gem: IEM colors, which nobody really understands, Gem
colors, which are lists of R G B values with R G and B going from 0 to
1, and data structure colors which are similar to Gem colors, but R G
and B go from 0 to 9 instead of from 0 to 1 and they can only be
integers and they are not lists but concatenated numbers.

So:
Black Gem: 0 0 0
Black DS:  000
Red Gem:   1 0 0