[Pd] Stack Overflow

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 24 10:44:24 CET 2006

Charles Henry wrote:
> If you're using linux, you might try "ulimit" in the terminal
> type ulimit -a to see all the things you can configure
> ulimit -s 20480 sets the stack size to 20 Mb, it is by default 10 Mb
> I don't know if this will work... I don't profess to understand threads or
> stacks, and pd might have its own system for setting max stack size.

pd does have its own stack overflow detection mechanism which you cannot
control via ulimit: whenever the stack depth reaches a certain number
(which is hardcoded in the pd-source and not adjustable at runtime) pd
will break the loop and print "Stack overflow".

if you had a "real" stack overflow, things are likely to be worse.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes