[PD] unexpected behaviour of overlapping guis

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 24 10:51:49 CET 2006

hi

"João Miguel Pais" <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> when guis are overllapping each other, the overlapped area is assigned to
>> most bottom gui. since this area visually is part of the most top gui,
>
> not necessarily. guis are overlapped in order of creation only. if you
> want to change the order, do a delete+undo, and the restored object will
> be on top of all others, as it is then the newest one.

of course they are overlapped in creation order. but the 'shared' area in
(terms of mouse-sensitivity) is assigned to the gui at the most bottom, not
the most top, as one normally would expect. if you click into the overlapped
area, the object at the most bottom changes.

i found another way to do what i wanted, so it isn't a problem for me
anymore.  :-)

> in case you work with guis, you might find this useful:
> http://puredata.info/Members/jmmmp/ (if shameless self-publicity is
> allowed here)

thanks for the hint, i certainly will have a look,  but i intend to create
some new kinds of guis using the normal iem-guis.

à propos 'shameless self-publicity': you still are friendly invited to join
netpd, if you like.. ;-)

roman