[PD] pd~conf 2.0

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Mar 24 18:50:00 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Another approach is to have who ever is planning the next pd~conf take
> control of the donations under the guise of whatever organization that
> they are working for.  I know Alexandre has talked about hosting pd~conf
> at artengine in Ottawa, CA.  They have non-profit status, so they could
> accept donations tax-free (AFAIK).  As for Brooklyn, I could do it as part
> of Polytechnic University if that gives us tax-free status, or another
> arts org that am affiliated with in NYC (there are a couple).

I think this would be the way to go.

> Then the last thing is, I don't think we are really going to get so many
> donations.  I've had my donate button up for years and I think I've
> received around US$250 in total.

This might be a real problem. It would be sort of an experiment.
I think it has chances to succeed, because you can be fully transparent.
Everyone knows what the money is used for, you can setup a webpage
with the donations, how far away we are from the goal, etc.

Maybe it can be combined with other fundings, which in this case would
be donations too.

But don't know, as I said, not realy experienced in this matter.

Günter