[Pd] Stack Overflow

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 21:08:39 CET 2006

I still can't come up with a good way to do this, because I want a
"next" message to the abstraction to move the pointer along the path
it's already on, and yet there is the possibility that a "next"
message will be sent inadvertently when the pointer is empty at some
point; I know good coding would prevent that, but a system crash is a
heavy price to pay for one slipup, considering I have over a dozen
copies of this abstraction in use.

I tried starting the "until" with a float message just in case it is
an empty pointer, but then I get overflow errors again.
It seems like something that would be simple to do in Pd, but since
the only response from an empty pointer is printed to the Pd window, I
can't make it react to that.  :/

-Chuckk