[PD] data structures - color?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Mar 25 08:19:22 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Surely, however as it currently is, we have at least 3 color schemes
> in Pd and Gem: IEM colors, which nobody really understands,

I've posted decoders for them a few times.

[* -1]

[+ 1]

 |------.
[>> 8] [& 255] -> blue

[>> 8] [& 255] -> green

[>> 8] [& 255] -> red

And so the reverse process would involve [<< 8], etc.

The ones stored in .pd patches are slightly different, they use [>> 6] [&
63] because of a limitation of pd (can't print exact ints over a million)