[PD] data structures - color?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Mar 25 10:24:43 CET 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Surely, however as it currently is, we have at least 3 color schemes
> > in Pd and Gem: IEM colors, which nobody really understands,
>
> I've posted decoders for them a few times.

Another is "expr -65536 * $i1 - 256 * $i2 - $i3 - 1"

Thanks for explaining them again, but actually I was just trying to be
funny with that remark ("nobody understands") and I wanted to express,
that I think the IEMgui color spec is way too complicated. It's not
designed to be "parsed by humans".

If I read "bbb" or "0.7 0 ß" I can think "light grey" or "medium red",
however if I read "-1.23033e+07" I don't know what kind of color it is
or if it's any different color than "-1.22552e+07". (The first is a
light grey, the second a medium red.)

Ciao