[PD] newbie problem compiling dssi~

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:21:06 CET 2006

On 3/24/06, Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:46:13 +0200
> "Libero Mureddu" <libero.mureddu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > Hi,
> > actually -I ./include was already present in the makefile, in any case
> > I've written it again, but it ends up with the same error.
> >
> > Libero
>
> Did you read the README file?
>
> In it there is a list of dssi~ dependencies. Only seq_event.h is included in the include dir included with the external, the others you have to get yourself (from Sourceforge). For PD, DSSI, and LADSPA you only need the headers (dssi.h, ladspa.h, m_pd.h), but liblo, you will actually need to compile and install. At http://www.puredata.org/Members/jb there is now a tarball with Linux and OS X binaries in it, so you might want to try that. You will still need to install liblo though.
>
> BTW, there is currently a problem with sending control data to LADSPA plugin instances > 1, so you might want to wait until I've fixed that, and I'll announce the release.
>
> Jamie

Hi,
yes, I've read the README, the problem is that is my first compilation
and that I didn't know that I had to copy the header files in the
include folder. Anyway, I would like to continue try compile, because
I have the impression that with pure data it's quite useful to learn
how to do it. Sorry for the many newbie mistakes!

So I copied all the files in the include folder, but now, during make,
I get this error about seq_event.h:

Computer-di-Libero-Mureddu:/puredatacvs/externals/postlude/dssi libero$ make
cc -DPD -O3 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -L/usr/local/lib/ -I ./ -I ../src
-I/usr/local/include/ -I ./include -I/usr/local/include/dssi/ -o
dssi~.o -c src/dssi~.c
In file included from src/dssi~.h:28,
                 from src/dssi~.c:29:
./include/dssi.h:28:28: error: alsa/seq_event.h: No such file or directory

but the seq_event.h is present in the "include" folder.

I've also tried to use the dssi~ binary, the object loads, but as soon
as I give a path to the plugin, it crashes. Here is the report from
console. My ladspa plugins are installed in /usr/local/lib/ladspa.

Warning: no LADSPA_PATH and DSSI_PATH, assuming
/usr/lib/ladspa:/usr/local/lib/ladspa:/usr/lib/dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi
pd_gui: pd process exited
Mar 24 16:19:02 Computer-di-Libero-Mureddu crashdump[16343]: pd crashed
Mar 24 16:19:08 Computer-di-Libero-Mureddu crashdump[16343]: crash
report written to:
/Volumes/scripta/Users/libero/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/pd.crash.log

Thank you very much for your help.

Libero