[PD] PD on Mac-Intel

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 27 11:07:26 CEST 2006

Cefn Hoile wrote:

> Now working on Building GEM so I can test previous pd prototypes I  have
> thrown together using video and OpenGL.
>
> Currently getting issues from the GEM build which look like they  might
> come from over-strict interpretation of C in gcc4.0. Any  thoughts
> welcomed. I'll take off to the GEM-dev list if I can't fix  this easily.

note: i think you _have_ to use gcc>=4.0 in order to build Gem.

> With gcc 4.0 make inside the Gem directory (version 0.90, with a  forced
> include of the pd src through adding -I option to CFLAGS and  CPPFLAGS
> env variables) terminates with...

please try to build the CVS-version of Gem instead of 0.90 (which is
pretty old)

and for a quick go, you could try disabling mmx and sse2 at
configure-time with "--disable-SIMD" (because that is where the compile
stops)

mfg.adsr.
IOhannes