[PD] dssi~ can't find instruments

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 11:39:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I really need to fix the helpfile for this don't I..

[dssi~] has now been modified to include the loader code provided with [plugin~]. The inlet/outlet structure has also been modified for [plugin~] compatibility.

Therefore if you do:

|listplugins(

[dssi~]

You should get a list of all plugins in the standard directories, and the libraries they are contained in.

you can then load a plugin with either

[dssi~ <plugin label> <instances>] where the label will be something like sine_faaa or trivial_synth

or:

e.g.

[dssi~ /usr/local/lib/dssi/trivial_synth.so:trivial_synth]

This method is faster, because it doesn't search through all your plugins.

You can also do:

[dssi~]

or

|plug <plugin label> <instances>(

[dssi~]

To load a plugin after the object has been loaded, but this feature is somewhat experimental.

Jamie