[PD] compiling maxlib, virtools - pd

Christina Leitner chr.leitner at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 16:53:29 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm working for a project called virtual instrument of music.
For the application we use the programmes Virtools and pd and a third one
for the communication between them.

The system works well, but for several reasons it might be good to establish
a direct connection between Virtools and pd.

For it is not possible with [netreceive] I searched for other possibilities
and found [netserver] and [netclient] from maxlib.
I'm a beginner on pd, and I have great difficulties in compiling the source
code from maxlib, so here is my question if anyone has useful tips
concerning the makfile? I know that I have to change it but it's the first
time so I don't really know what to do ...
Or even better has anyone the already working *.dll?

Has anyone tried to solve a similar problem of connecting two programmes?
In Virtools there is a so called building block that allows to send web
messages via the post method - to send a new message the connection has to
be closed, but the problem was that [netreceive] couldn't do this.

(By the way I'm using windows XP, pd version is 0.39-0, for compiling I have
the cygwin
compiler.)

Thanks for any help,
best regards,