[off-list] Re: [PD] newbie problem compiling dssi~

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 17:19:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue Mar 28 12:48 , 'Libero Mureddu' <libero.mureddu at gmail.com> sent:

>Hi,
>
>now I've got dssi~ to compile correctly. It also loads in pd correctly.
>However, listplugins crashes. I didn't have ladspa SDK installed,
>because the ladspa packages provided in the ardour website contain
>only the plugin, so I've installed ladspa SDK via Fink. So, now I have
>listplugins working.
>
>In any case, I don't know how to check if dssi~ can read my ladspa
>plugins, because I don't know how to control the plugins parameters
>with pd.
>Can you send me a test patch to try a ladspa plugin?

The updated help file in CVS now shows how it should all work. It requires
sine.so and hexter.so. In essence, once the plugin has loaded, sending an 'info'
message to the object will tell you the LADSPA control and audio ports supported
by the plugin, suggested minimum, maximum and default values. All control port
data is sent via the first inlet in the following form

[dssi~ <pluginname> <instances>]

Audio rate inlets and outlets will be built dynamically depending on how many
audio ports there are, and how many instances of the plugin you are running.

If this isn't clear, let me know, and I will produce some better documentation (i
should do that anyway ;-)

Jamie