[PD] vst~ - noteoff?

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Wed Mar 29 01:35:37 CEST 2006

Hello, I tested the vst~ plugin with two synths today:

1. ASynth, by antti of SmartElectronix
2. Claw by reFX

I used the vst~ help patch to test, with the MIDI message subpatch. For
some reason, with both synths, the noteon messages seem to work correctly,
but the noteoff doesn't turn notes off, it seems to either do nothing, or
trigger a new note. Once, when I was changing noteoff values and running
Claw through freeverb~ and then into the DAC~, it actually crashed PD
(could be unrelated).

Any ideas why this is so? Note that Claw is monophonic, and ASynth was
running in mono mode.

Thanks,
David