[PD] ICST releases Ambisonics Externals for Max/MSP

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:50:18 CEST 2006

it's not much different from PD, but the fact remains that in it's
present state, it is incompatible with PD's API.

although i'm quite busy at the moment, i'll have a look at it

frankly though i see no advantage to porting these externals to Pd over
using [csoundapi~]'s already implemented version of the same idea
(Ambisonics encoding).

Initial tests seem to indicate that [csoundapi~] compiled with Intel's
icc compiler significantly outperforms any PowerPC AltiVec instruction
that the current Max/MSP version implements using equivalent processor
specifications and compiler flags

you may be interested in having a look to see if you can't improve your
code

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/csound/csound5/Opcodes/
ambicode.c?view=markup

http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/bformenc.html