[PD] can't use Pd-extended externals

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks iamonthebeach at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 07:24:21 CEST 2006

At the end of this mail is an example of my .pdsettings
My pd rests at /usr/lib/pd
I use a Debian package of PD, and compile some stuff, but I pick in  your
compiled pd-extended externals often. Congratulations on the great job.

I do not understand your loading of folders as libs (like toxy, cyclone,
hid, etc..). Is this a kind of hack so that Pd searches those folders for
the external?

Once Pd goes up a version I will switch to you pd-extended and try to help.

Tom

.pdsettings contents follows:

audioapi: 2
noaudioin: False
audioindev1: 0 2
noaudioout: False
audiooutdev1: 0 2
audiobuf: 50
rate: 44100
nomidiin: True
nomidiout: True
path1: /usr/lib/pd/extra
path2: /usr/lib/pd/extra/gridflow/pd_abstractions
npath: 2
standardpath: 1
verbose: 0
loadlib1: Gem