[PD] Pd's wikipedia page

david golightly davigoli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 06:18:13 CEST 2006

Hey list,

I found myself on Wikipedia today inspecting "our" site for Pd.  I
made some changes, added some info and uploaded a screenshot of a
patch I happened to have open at the time.  The screenshot before was
really pointless, didn't really do anything at all.  Not to be too
self-conscious, but the Max wikipedia page has an Autechre patch up...
so I'm inviting anyone out there to put up a better screenshot than
the one I did.  I'm sure there's more impressive(-looking) stuff out
there, and as we know (from Autechre), it's all about how impressive
your patches look, not what they sound like. ;0  I know that Wikipedia
also has capability to upload PD (as in Public Domain) sound samples
up, though it's hard to know where to start with Pd.  Also, is there
anything like a list of actual performing artists who use Pd either
live or in studio?  I'm sure several on this list are worthy of
mention...

The page could use a little expanding as well.  I put back the
contended assertion that Pd is (like Max) a dataflow programming
language, maybe better to say "based on the principles of dataflow
programming" or something like that.  Tear it apart.  Please.  Just
put it back together.

Best,

David