[PD] PD crashes when creating gemwin-object on linux

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 31 14:05:26 CEST 2006

J. Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled Gem without the mpeg support but PD crashes (closes) with
> segmentation fault as soon as I try to create a gemwin-object...
>
> Is this a known problem?

the only thing that comes to my mind is, that openGL is not working at
all on your machine.

can you run "glxgears"? (i don't think so)

which drivers are you using?
which X-server (version), which distro, which hardware,...

if you are using nvidia's proprietary drivers, then you _must_ have
installed the kernel-module ("nvidia"), the xserver-module ("nvidia"),
and the GL-bindings ("libglx"; on debian, there is a separate package
nvidia-glx)

mdf..
IOhannes