[Pd] csoundapi~ issues

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Fri Mar 31 21:12:47 CEST 2006

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Martin Peach wrote:
>

>>Cool. Maybe you can let me know if you get anything to run longer than 1
>>hour. I always get system freezes at exactly 3600 seconds.
>

> Hi. The SoundBlaster clock runs at about 1193 kHz. that's 2**32
> ticks/hour. Maybe it's an overflow bug?

Yes it might be...I was using what I thought was an always-on instrument
(duration of -1), but I think this just holds the note until something
overflows.
I fixed it by changing the duration of the dummy note from -1 to a huge
number less than 2^31 - 1, since apparently a csound score can't last
more than that many beats since it's counting with a 32-bit signed
number. That gives about 68 years...
Maybe also changing the tempo could give longer times since the beats
default to 1 second but could be longer.

Martin