[Pd] csoundapi~ issues

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Fri Mar 31 22:26:28 CEST 2006

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> So does it go for hours now?

It ran for a few hours before I went to bed :) but I don't yet know if
the system freezes when the dummy note ends.

> If you were doing it that way, too, couldn't you set it so a note of a
> certain duration retriggered the same instrument after that duration -
> 1 second or something?  Although for an installation it would seem
> like this would cause some overlapping weirdness.

I could always reinitialize csound periodically, but that would glitch
anything that was running and might expose memory leaks.

> Maybe two identical instruments that trigger events in each other
> immediately upon shutting off.  I don't know, but let us know if you
> solve it.

Well I did solve it, more or less, by using a very long duration dummy
instrument, i.e. duration like 2147483647 instead of -1.

Martin