[PD] Synths! (Please Read)

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sat Apr 1 00:42:08 CEST 2006

hi,

Am Samstag, 1. April 2006 00:31 schrieb Martin Peach:
> Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > In my experience, external synths, hardware or software, are
> > completely useless for any sort of polyphonic alternate tuning use,
> > since they don't use Hz.
>
> Older hardware works by Volts per Octave (e.g. Arp, Moog) or Volts per
> Hertz (e.g. Korg).

ouch .... i would recommend to use such a synth for lfo applications only ...
imagine you want a 2 khz sound ... meaning 2 kilovolts ... ;-)

furthermore, on most analogue synths, you have a 0..+10 volts range for the
control signals .... and some of them allow to adjust the volts/frequency
ratio, giving lot of of fun, i tell you ;-)

greets,

chris