[PD] Pd's wikipedia page

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 1 19:53:30 CEST 2006

On Apr 1, 2006, at 2:45 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> david golightly hat gesagt: // david golightly wrote:
>
>> Hey, that's a good point.  Anyone got any dazzling examples of data
>> structures?  (Frank B?  Anyone?)
>
> I'd suggest to use: http://at.or.at/hans/solitude

I think that's a good example of how Miller intended the graphical
data structures to be used.  But personally, I think Frank' examples
really highlight something much bigger and more important: that the
data structures should be seen as a flexible what of making GUIs,
displaying/storing data, etc.  That's the direction we should push,
an open-ended system, rather than just something to write musical
scores.  Plus Frank has cranked out so many great interactive patches.

I guess the Solitude image looks nice when you say "this makes music".

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams