[PD][ot] py: converting tuple to list

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 2 23:09:47 CEST 2006

--- david golightly <davigoli at gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,
> (moving to off-topic)
Why does it move to off-topic? the problem comes from OSCx
and could be resolved with tcl scripting as well.

> Since tuples are static after creation & can't be changed but only
> reassigned, what you have to do is iterate over the items in the tuple
> to create a new list:
>
> largs = []
> for i in range(len(args)):
>     largs.append(args[i].replace(' ', '_'))
>
> return largs

This returns this error:

    largs.append(args[i].replace(' ', '_'))
AttributeError: 'Symbol' object has no attribute 'replace'

> I don't understand why you're trying to use reduce().  This method is
> designed to call a function recursively over a set of items or over a
> range, so that each subsequent iteration is called with the result of
> the previous iteration.

ah, yes I didn't delete 'reduce' that comes from many other tests, I've guessed
that this fonction changes nothing in this context.

> Hopefully this is closer to what you're looking for.
>
> -david
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out, but thanks lot for attention,