[PD] readanysf~ control output of seconds played

august august at develop.ment.org
Mon Apr 3 16:59:57 CEST 2006

> Dear list,
>
> I play a file using sound [readanysf~] which has the function of showing
> me the approximate time in seconds--unfortunately the numbers at the
> output are not always the same(but using always the same soundfile).
>
> I need to send a 1-message 3 seconds before the file stops--so I compare
> the actual time with the overall time of the (soundfile -3)---the
> problem is now that sometimes the [==] message never sends a 1 because
> the left input sometimes reaches now value that equals (filelength-3).

Gerda,

just so you know, you can increase the resolution of the information
output of readanysf~ by sending it a [set_tick n(  message, where n
is some integer value.

[set_tick 1( means it will output the soundfile info every time at the audio
rate...which is set to default at 64 samples.  That would be very fast,
and probably very undesirable if you are showing the numbers in your
patch.  It will eat your CPU.

I think readanysf~ will have a tick of 100 by default, or once every
6,400 audio samples (for a block size of 64).

viel spass -august.