[PD] setting variables within an if condition in [expr] or [fexpr~]

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Mon Apr 3 20:24:54 CEST 2006

Hallo!

> basically, i want to make an abstraction which has a signal input, and
> a signal output (which is initially silence regardless of input
> signal). when it recieves a bang (in a different inlet maybe) it
> should wait for the next zero-crossing in the input signal, then let
> the signal through for a specified number of zero-crossings (lets say
> 20) then it turns off again on the 20th zero-crossing.
okay I understand ...

> so far i've got a signal which is 1 when there is a zero crossing and
> 0 otherwise (attached), i just need to use this to switch on the
> output when the first 1 arrives at a point after there is a bang or a
> 1 to signal that we want output to turn on.
okay I see ... so the problem ATM is how to count the zero crossings ...

> i see.. so to do things sample by sample, everything has to be
> signals? no control values. thats what makes this tricky i guess.
you can also have a look at the iem_t3_lib external which allows you sample
accurate processing ...

On the other hand: do you really need to be sample accurate ? I mean do you
use it for measurements or for sth./what else ?

LG
Georg

--
E-Mails und Internet immer und überall!