[PD] GUI to control [gemwin]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 4 01:37:59 CEST 2006

On Apr 2, 2006, at 10:22 AM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey Hans,
>
> Why not contribute your changes to the pixelTANGO gemwin GUI.
> pt.window?

I will, once sf.net CVS is back, and I can run your updated version
of pT.

> What kind of "status" are you talking about since, like most things in
> pd, the only way to know the status is to set it.

Just the current value of the various settings (lighting, fullscreen,
frame, create/destroy, rendering, etc.).  Since multiple [gemwin]
objects can point to the same window, it makes sense to have a
querying interface so that a new patch can query the gemwin to get
its status.

> The main improvement I wanted to make was to add a popup for the
> fullscreen functionality, since you now specify "fullscreen 0",
> "fullscreen 1" (first screen) and "fullscreen 2"  (second screen)
>
> Also I was going to add stuff for the "dimen" message and add more
> resolutions to the popup list.
>
> Things like fps and profiling just use up cycles, so I don't think it
> makes sense to be a constant thing, maybe just a message that outputs
> the current fps once.

Yeah, I am not thinking of profiling.  Really, it should be the exact
same info you get when you send [print( to [gemwin], but in Pd-space.

> PS: is there a scanf type external that does the opposite of
> makefilename:
>
> [symbol 640x480<
> [makeatom %dx%d]
>
> gives:
>
> 640 480
>
> prints either a list of all the atoms, or all the atoms out seperate
> outlets?

That would be nice.  Carmen proposed a POSIX lib for Pd, that would
definitely be part of it.  There could also be a more "Pd-ish" scanf.

.hc