[PD] wrapper for vst~ with load & save

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Apr 6 17:49:52 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Peter Worth hat gesagt: // Peter Worth wrote:

> does anyone have a more elegant solution to this?

Instead of all the [del] objects I would recommend to use [t b b b b]
etc. to specify the order, in which the various messages are executed.
In some places your execution order still is undefined, e.g. in front
of the [tabwrite] object. It may work now, but as soon as you edit
this part, it may just as well stop working. You should read the html
manual's chapter 2.3: "messages" several times to really understand
the implications of the message ordering and how important correct
triggering with [trigger] is. It's reallyreally important, I cannot
stress this too much. There are also some help patches on the topic.

Writing to a table is a quite common way to do state saving in Pd and
enough for many uses. If you run into a situation where you want more
flexible state saving (including saving symbols) you could look for
example into my Memento/RRADical approach described here:
http://footils.org/cms/show/1 or for a similar, but external-less
version I would recommend my "Stupid-super-simplistic State Saving
ADVANCED" abstraction, first presented here:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-announce/2006-02/000874.html
and since a couple of minutes it's also in CVS in
/abstractions/footils/sssad

Ciao