[PD] Analog/good-sounding oscillators in PD

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Thu Apr 6 23:50:14 CEST 2006

I'm wondering if you could use waveshaping to introduce this type of
distortion, and gradually morph the waveshape itself overtime. Anyone know
of an approach to this?

Is there any recommended waveshaping that might follow the oscillator to
add a little nonlinearity? Or most analog sounding distortion that is in
PD?

Another question: how does one gradually morph between two wavetables?

Finally, I must say that the patches from Frank B. and David G. are
exactly what I needed... Running through the moog~ filter, I'm now getting
a much better starting sound. I think that if I was to add dual-osc detune
with slight pitch drift, they would start to sound fairly musical. I hope
I can include them in my project, with their permission.

~David