[PD] Analog/good-sounding oscillators in PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 7 00:06:57 CEST 2006

Hallo,
cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com hat gesagt: // cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com wrote:

> Finally, I must say that the patches from Frank B. and David G. are
> exactly what I needed... Running through the moog~ filter, I'm now getting
> a much better starting sound. I think that if I was to add dual-osc detune
> with slight pitch drift, they would start to sound fairly musical. I hope
> I can include them in my project, with their permission.

You could also combine them: The basic "trick" with Miller's
antialiasing - which I ripped - is upsampling in the subpatch (see the
block~ object) and then filtering out all harmonics that would be
above the normal samplerate, 44.1kHz in the example filter.

You can apply this operation to any waveform that might alias. However
be aware that this is a very expensive way to antialias. If you open
just the bandolero.pd patch, try to watch a system/CPU monitor while
switching audio on and off: It is a significant difference.

Ciao