[PD] Analog/good-sounding oscillators in PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 7 09:34:58 CEST 2006

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> Hi Malte,
>
> could you be so kind as to post an example. Waveshaping is one thing I
> haven't figured out very well in the PD domain yet. I'm also interested
> in using it for distortion, so even the simplest starting point would be
> nice.

3.audio.examples/E05.chebychev.pd is the waveshaping example in
Miller's docs.

The basic idiom is very simple and similar to how you build a
wavetable oscillator with phasor~ and tabread4~: You scale the
incoming signal by multiplying with the table size so that it spans
the whole table, and then use the incoming signal as an index to
tabread4~ which gives the output signal. The contents of the
wave(shaping) table are also called the transfer function.

Ciao