[PD] compiling fluid~ using flext

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Apr 8 12:39:35 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Rich E hat gesagt: // Rich E wrote:

> I tried compiling fluid~ today (I also tried using the binary from fbar's
> website, but it crashed pd because of fluidsynth's ladspa support, I think)

You mean that one: http://footils.org/pkg/fluid-040320.tgz? It's two
years old, not supported anymore ... and now it's finally gone. ;)

> and I could use some help.  I sucessfully compiled flext and [pool] that
> used flext right before this, but using flext with fluid~ tells me this :
>
> [root at localhost fluid]# bash ../flext/build.sh pd gcc
> Your combination of platform, system and compiler is not supported yet.
> Required files:
> /config-lnx.def
> and
> /gnumake-lnx-gcc.inc
> /gnumake-lnx-gcc.inc] Error 1
>
> do I need to edit one/both of those files to get fluid~ to compile? Or is
> there something else I'm missing?

These files are provided with fluid~ in the subdirectory "build" of
the CVS version. Normally don't need need to edit them at all. But it
looks as if they are not found correctly. Did you download the fluid~
from CVS as well? If not, could you please do so as that one is the
only version that is supported.

> Lastly, do I need to use a special argument for disabling ladspa support?

Disabling LADSPA has to be done when compiling libfluidsynth, however
LADSPA isn't enabled as default with libfluidsynth, and at least the
Debian packages of libfluidsynth are already compiled without LADSPA.
So you probably don't need to worry about LADSPA.

Ciao