[PD] Gridflow objects creation problem

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sun Apr 9 23:00:55 CEST 2006

Got it!!!!!!

You were right about the errors I didn't report you but they were not
appearing in pd's console: they were in the terminal in which I started pd.

Unfortunately since 0.38 I had put away the habit of starting pd in a
term. I just had that "quickstart" command line on gnome's panel. It
turned out to be bad. A good pd user will always need the term (-;

The error though was strange:

jerome at heron:~/pdStuff/gridflow-CVS$ pd
can't load: no such file to load -- gridflow/base/main.rb
backtrace: (eval):1:in `require'
(eval):1
(eval):1
$: = ["/home/jerome/pdStuff/gridflow-CVS/..",
"/home/jerome/pdStuff/gridflow-CVS",
"/home/jerome/pdStuff/gridflow-CVS/optional/rblti",
"/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9",
"/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9/i486-linux",
"/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9/i386-linux", "/usr/local/lib/site_ruby",
"/usr/lib/ruby/1.9", "/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/i486-linux",
"/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/i386-linux", "."]

So I renamed my /home/jerome/gridflow-CVS directory to
/home/jerome/gridflow and everything works now (-:

BTW the link I made to /usr/lib/libruby1.9.so.1.9.0 was indeed
/usr/lib/libruby.so it was a typing mistake from me in my previous mail...

I'm on to exploring the lib now!

Do you have any clues, docs, tutorials somewhere?

++

Jé