[PD] pb with externals build

FredVoisin ordi at fredvoisin.com
Mon Apr 10 17:35:21 CEST 2006

Thank you for answering,

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

>FredVoisin wrote:
>

>>Hello dear list,
>>
>>Sorry for this obvious question.
>>Does it exist already a make file in cvs for compiling all externals in
>>one go for linux ppc, as it is for linux x86 or darwin ppc ?
>>

>in theory you should only need to follow the same procedure as building
>linux i686 and/or linux x86_64

Yes, this is in theory. In reality it seems not. I have no problem with
linux x86. With linux ppc (not darwin), some externals print out errors
when compiling from the main makefile (/build/linux/make taken from
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/build/linux/makefile
)

>>I have cvsed from http://pure-data.iem.at/docs/developer/sourceforge_cvs
>>and found no make file in my externals/build/linux/ (of course,
>>build/darwin/makefile exists). I'm suprised /externals/build/linux is empty.
>>

>i am surprised too.
>it should be there:
>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/build/linux/makefile
>
>probably you should do a re-checkout ?

Yes, I did !! As I said, for linux x86, it's mostly ok, but not for
linux ppc... many errors occur.

for instance, with cyclone externals, I can compile them, but when
actualising an objet as Uzi, or zl, I get the following error message in
pd console (just for ppc) :

"/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/zl.pd_linux:
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/zl.pd_linux: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at
0x0ddba068 for symbol `outlet_float' out of range"

the makefile for cyclone, for instance, seems wrong for
linux-ppc-not-darwin (is that for natural selection purpose ?).

I also removed my src/externals folder, redwnlded it by cvs (following
instructions from http://pure-data.iem.at/docs/developer/sourceforge_cvs),
cd externals && make give, as said Hans-Christoph Steiner  :
I'm sorry, both on x86 and ppc, it ask for a file
../packages/Makefile.buildlayout I don't find, I do not know how to get
the package folders asked for...

Thank you fort your help !!

Fred voisin